Location : Pune
Job Description – DevOps Engineering
Vayana Network provides a B2B Trade Digitization platform for SMEs and Corporates to
collaborate and work with Financial Institutions to raise short term fundings for payables
and receivables financing. Vayana Network is thus well placed to help Corporates and their
Supply Chains to meet their GST needs. Vayana’s role as a GSP and its ability to digitize
and reconcile trade data at source enables it to cater to each individual member’s GST
needs. Our network is PCI compliant and runs 24*7 on the cloud and we are hosted on
The platform is built using a polygot technology stack
- Platform Backend: Python and JVM
- Client Apps and Customer Integrations: Kotlin, Jersey ReST Framework, home
- grown optimized HTTP and SQL libraries
- Mobile App: Android
- Database: MySQL and SQLAlchemy as ORM library
- Build Tools: setuptools for Python, Gradle for JVM based apps
- Ops Automation: Ansible, AWS Cloudformation
- Servers/Deployment Environment: Ubuntu Linux, Docker
- Version Control: GIT
- Cloud Providers: Amazon AWS, Linode
We are a self organized engineering team with a passion for programming and solving
business problems for our customers. We are looking to expand our team capabilities on
the DevOps front and are on a lookout for 3-4 DevOps professionals having relevant hands
on technical experience of 0-3 years. We encourage our team to continuously learn new
technologies and apply the learnings in the day to day work even if the new technologies
are not adpopted. We strive to continuously improve our DevOps practices and expertise
to form a solid backbone for the product, customer relationships and sales teams which
enables them to add new customers every week to our financing network.
As a DevOps Engineer, you
- Will work collaboratively with the engineering and customer support teams to
- deploy and operate our systems.
- Build and maintain tools for deployment, monitoring and operations.
- Help automate and streamline our operations and processes.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues in our test and production environments.
- Take control of various mandates and change management processes to ensure
- compliance for various certifications (PCI and ISO 27001 in particular)
- Monitor and optimize the usage of various cloud services.
- Should pick up skills required for CI/CD processes and practices
- Strong experience with AWS services (EC2, ECS, ELB, S3, SES, to name a few)
- Strong background in Linux/Unix administration and hardening
- Experience with automation using Ansible or equivalent
- Exposure to continuous integration and continuous deployment tools (Jenkins)
- Experience with container related technologies (docker, lxc, rkt, docker swarm,
- Working understanding of code and script (Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby, Java)
- Working understanding of SQL and databases
- Working understanding of version control system (GIT is preferred)
- Managing IT operations, setting up best practices and tuning them from time-totime.
- Ensuring that process overheads do not reduce the productivity and effectiveness
- of small team.
- Willingness to explore and learn new technologies and continuously refactor the
- tools and processes.
Whom do we not want?
- Hardcore networking engineers
- Only windows system administrators
- Only CI/CD or Jenkins engineers
- Only GIT branching experts
- Who does not understand and appreciate information security aspects.